Dr Tareq Salahuddin is a Public Health Professional working in development sector. He is a medical graduate (MBBS) from Sir Salimullah Medical College and Miford Hospital, Dhaka, Bangladesh and having Masters in Public Health (MPH) from North South University. He also got some courses from the World Bank Institute and the University of Westminster, UK. Dr Tareq is working as the Communications Manager of Shiree, a UK aid funded project in Bangladesh. He has diversified working experience in different organizations including healthcare providing institutions, public health concerns, print media (The Daily Star), national and international NGOs, UN agencies, government bodies and so on. Dr Tareq has strong communication skill and he is highly proficient in computer related works and the Internet. He has sound knowledge in various graphics design and web applications. As a health journalist, he attended several conferences in different countries. He is also bestowed with different skill building training. Dr Tareq has several write-ups on different health issues. Besides, professional attachment, he has hobby in photography, poetry writing and social networking. Dr Tareq is a father of one son and married with Dr Israt Jahan, a practicing gynecologist and obstetrician. His specialties include Communications, Computer related works, Graphics design, Writing skill, Photography and related, Health Journalism, Consultancy in development sector etc.
- Shiree – Communications Manager, Health and Nutrition Outreach – February 2011 – Present
- UNDP (UPPR Project) – Communications and Documentation Expert – January 2010 – January 2011
- WaterAid Bangladesh – Documentation and Communication Specialist – September 2008 – September 2009
- Opsonin Pharmaceuticals Ltd. – Executive, Medical Services Department – August 2008 – September 2008
- UNDP [Access to Information (A2I) Project] – Research Assistant – September 2007 – November 2007
- Ibn Sina D. Lab & Consultation Centre – Research Assistant for Prof Dr M A Hayee, Neuromedicine Specialist – February 2007 – September 2008
- Mitford Hospital – Internee doctor – May 2007 – April 2008
- Bangladesh Thalassaemia Foundation (BTF) – Advisor (Honorary) – March 2007 – Present
- The Daily Star – In-charge, Star Health – May 2003 – Present
- The Independent – Correspondent, Sir Salimullah Medical College & Mitford Hospital – June 2002 – May 2004
- Concern Worldwide – Consultant for a Baseline study (through InnerPower) – 2012
- Bangladesh Development Service Center (BDSC) – Consultant for Nutrition Project Proposal writing- 2011
- Worldvision – Consultant for a Baseline study of Mymensing ADP (through InnerPower) – 2011
- Unicef – Translator – March-April 2010
- Dhaka Urban Comprehensive Eye Care Project (A Sightsavers International project funded by Standard Chartered Bank’s Seeing is Believing initiative) – Consultant for Training front line staffs on primary eye care – October 2009 – December 2009
- InnerPower – Consultant – October 2009 – Present
- Novo Nordisk – Consultant – November 2009
- International Labor Organization (ILO) – Consultant for Smart Business Initiative (SBI), appointed through SAFE – January 2008 – August 2008
- Save the Children – Translator – April 2004 – May 2004
- Safety Assistance For Emergency (SAFE) – Consultant – May 2002 – August 2008
Dr Tareq Salahuddin is a physician and registered at Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council to practice in Bangladesh. He graduated from Sir Salimullah Medical College under Dhaka University. Following his internship at Mitford Hospital, Dhaka, he worked closely with a Neuromedicine Specialist in Dhaka as a Research Assistant, where he followed up patients with cerebral stenting, epilepsy, migraine, dementia and low back pain for treatment outcome.
But since he was more interested in public health, he did not continue to shape up his career as a clinician. Now he is more interested writing prescriptions for million of people working in the field of public health.
Blogging – Capacity building – Communications – Consultancy – Copy editing – Copywriting – Corporate communications – Creative writing – Documentation – Editing – Epidemiology – Event management – Event planning – Fundraising – Graphics design – Health economics – Health journalism – Healthcare – Illustration – InDesign – Internal communications – International development – Journalism – Marketing communications – Media relations – NGOs – Photography – Photoshop – Policy analysis – Policy research – Proposal writing – Public health – Public relations – Publishing – Recitation – Report writing – Social networking – Strategic communications – Training – Translation – Web design